Trusting Spirit Horse Rescue
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Tax ID# 20-8450417), our mission is to address the needs of neglected, abandoned and mistreated horses by enabling them to live the remainder of their lives in comfort and dignity, whether at the ranch or with a new family and home.
We do this by:
- Ensuring proper nutrition and medical attention are provided
- Evaluating and assessing each rescue to determine the best possible future based on his/her condition and circumstances.
- Developing a suitable rehabilitation and retraining program based on the horse's ability.
- Advancing the message of respect, compassion and ethical treatment of horses.
- Promoting public awareness on the ethical treatment and appropriate care of horses to prevent future cases of abuse, neglect and needless death.
- Offering therapeutic opportunities for at-risk children or those with special needs to encourage their learning and development. (We only ask that the children desire to be there and be accompanied by an adult.)
- Maintaining our partnership with the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society and collaborating with other equine welfare and rescue organizations within the state of Washington.
- Being available to assist law enforcement and animal welfare agencies with cruelty investigations and intervention support involving abused, abandoned and neglected horses.
It is our policy to take in horses only that come through the Humane Society or other official regulatory animal welfare agency. Regrettably, we can not take in horses from individuals who find they can no longer care for them. If you are in that situation, please check with your local Humane Society for available options.
If you witness animal abuse or encounter a horse or horses at-risk of being severely neglected, mistreated or are in a life threatening situation, please report it to the local authorities (911), the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society or your local HS office, the ASPCA or your area animal control agency. Those guilty can and will be charged but only if it is reported.
If you see abuse, SPEAK UP. BE A VOICE FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
Washington State Law prohibits the abuse, abandonment, neglect and mistreatment of animals anywhere within the state of Washington. Animal cruelty laws contain felony provisions for certain violators (RCW 16.52.205).
6 Crystal Moon
Orondo, Wash 98843
East side of Hwy 97 along the Columbia River
Between MP 139 & MP140
Primarily weekends and by appointment only.
Please contact us via email at [email protected]
(Note: mailing address is P.O. Box 101, Orondo, Wa., 98843)